Whether you’re fueling up for a big workout or a marathon workday, these DIY energy bites are the perfect portable snack.
For one, they’re delicious, and they take just minutes to make. Plus, you can customize them by swapping the fruits, spices, and nut butter.
Get started with the base recipe.
Almond-Apricot Energy Balls
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot halves (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed into a powder (optional)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
1. Place apricots, honey, almond butter, flax seeds, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5 times, then process the mixture for about 20 seconds.
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add oats, pulse 5 times, then process for 20 seconds more.
3. Use a tablespoon measure to scoop out mixture; shape each scoop into a ball, then roll in strawberry powder if desired. Refrigerate until ready to eat.